- The API only comes with the full 6Connect IPAM product. If you would like to upgrade to the full version, contact sales@6Connect.com.
- All transactions are over HTTPS (SSL - port 443) only. Any transaction not using SSL will be rejected, and you will have potentially exposed sensitive data.
- All API results are formatted in JSON. XML support is coming soon.
- APIv2 requests use standard HTTP methods such as GET, PUT, POST, PATCH, and DELETE. We suggest using POST if the length of data in the request is over 8KB.
- You can use any language you would like to query the API. We currently have an SDK for PHP and one for Python. Looking at the sample code would probably help you implement it in any language though.
Public APIv2 documentation is located at https://cloud.6connect.com/APIv2/.
APIv2 documentation includes:
APIv2 is ProVision's currently supported RESTful API version. APIv2 adds new endpoints and upgraded functionality over APIv1, through use of HTTPS authentication, additional HTTP methods (GET, PUT, POST, etc.), and JSON payloads.
APIv2 Swagger Documentation
Access APIv2 Public APIv2 documentation is located at https://cloud.6connect.com/APIv2/.
Existing customers may also access APIv2 Documentation from your ProVision instance (user must have Admin permissions):