The 6connect ProVision log provides detailed information on actions performed in ProVision. The Log is only available to Admin users.
To access the Log, either navigate to the Admin area of ProVision, then click the Log Tab, or follow an area-specific Log link.
Filters and search options:
Search or filter by a specific keyword by entering the term into the search box in the top right of the results list. Search terms may be usernames, resource names, task names, resource or task id numbers, IP's, and so on. Clear the search by clicking the "x" in the search box.
Filter the log list by clicking "Filters" (also at top right), then selecting or entering the desired filter value into the filter flyout, then click on the "Apply" button. To clear active filters, open the filter flyout and click "clear".
You may also change the number of log entries per page by selecting an option next to "Items per page" at the top right of the results list. By default, this value is set to 100.
The following filter options are available:
- Level: Available Level filters include: "All Levels", "Emergency", "Alert", "Critical", "Error", "Warning", "Notice", "Info", or "Debug".
- Category: You may select one or more category filters. Available category filters include: "API" , "Assistant", "Device", "DHCP", "DNS", "IPAM", "NTP", "Peering", "Reporting", "Resource Linkage", "Resource Holder", Resource", "Scheduler", "System", "User", or "VLAN".
- Log ID: Retrieve a specific log entry from its log_id parameter.
- IP: Search by IP of the machine that created the event in the log.
- Username: Filter logs by ProVision username, or by "Unknown" user.
- Time: Filter log entries by exact time created. Must be in datetime format (2016-08-14 16:41:18).
- Time Minimum: The earliest day and time of log entries to show in results. Must be in datetime format (2016-08-14 16:41:18).
- Time Maximum: The latest day and time of log entries to show in results. Must be in datetime format (2016-08-14 16:41:18).
Use "Time Minimum" and "Time Maximum" together to specify a specific date / time range, such as one 24 hour period:
Click on the gear icon for a log entry to display additional details pertaining to that entry.
General information on that log entry will display under the "Information" tab.
Click on the "Details" tab to view specific values pertaining to the log action.
Note: Not all fields may be populated, and not all log types may have applicable details.
Detail fields may include:
- id: The id of the log detail record.
- log_id: The id of the parent log entry (the entry that was clicked to reveal details).
- type: Log category value.
- string_value: String details.
- number_value: For resource type log entries, the number_value is the associated resource id.
- text_value: API details for API type log entries.
- date_value: Day of the log entry.
- address_value: For IPAM type log entries, address_value is the starting integer value of the IP Block.
- address_end_value: For IPAM type log entries, address_value is the ending integer value of the IP Block.
Log Chart View
To view the graphical chart version of Logs, click the "Visual Mode" toggle at the top of the results list.
Each log event will be displayed as a color-coded box.
You may view simplified log details by hovering the mouse arrow over an event box, or view extended details by clicking on the event box.
Export the current log search results by clicking the "Export to CSV" button after performing your search.
Note: Logs -> Export to .csv has a 100,000 record limit.
If your current filter options result in more records than that, a warning dialog will display when "Export to .csv" is selected.