Before You Begin
Before you begin creating Workflows in your new ACP instance, there are a few items to consider:
|Table of Contents|
Consider Your Users
After installing/gaining access to your new ACP instance, once of the first steps that should be taken is to add appropriate users to ACP.
ACP gives all users equal status ("admin" level) in the system, so consider carefully who should have access to ACP, and add only the necessary users.
For information on how to add and manage users, see User Management.
Review Available Services
ACP provides out-of-the-box connectors supporting six services. Review what services you may have access to, and ensure that you have correct instance name/url/credential information for each service.
In addition to the provided connectors, ACP allows for custom generic connectors to be created. See Connectors for more information.
Supported Connector Services:
- 6connect ProVision: https://www.6connect.com/6connect-provision/
- Amazon AWS: https://aws.amazon.com/
- Google Cloud: https://cloud.google.com/products/#api-management
- Microsoft Azure: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/
- VMWare vCenter: https://www.vmware.com/products/vcenter-server.html
- Kubernetes: https://kubernetes.io/
API Documentation Access
As ACP utilizes available APIs from the supported services, ensure that users that will be creating or editing ACP Workflows have access to, and familiarity with, the associated connector API systems and reference documentation. For complicated Workflows, it may help to pre-plan which steps, endpoints, and conditions are needed for a Workflow prior to creating it in ACP.
- 6connect ProVision:
- Amazon AWS:
AWS Documentation: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/index.html
- See sub-pages under "Networking & Content Delivery" for areas of interest such as AWS VM, Route53, and Amazon API Gateway
- Google Cloud:
- Google Cloud APIs: https://cloud.google.com/apis/
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure REST API Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/azure/
- VMWare vCenter:
- vCenter (Management) API: https://code.vmware.com/apis/62/vcenter-management
- Kubernetes API Reference: https://kubernetes.io/docs/reference/
To learn how to work with ACP, check out our Quick-start Tutorials:
For detailed information on working in ACP, see the ACP User Guide: